Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog has a partial tear in s ACL it has been 3 month and

Customer Question

HI, my dog has a partial tear in his ACL it has been 3 month and he still walks with a limp I have taken him on very short walks maybe less than two blocks. my question how long does this take to heal my vet does not think surgery is needed?
I feel bad for him because he wants to go on walks we use to walk at least an hour a day.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** long a partial tear takes to hear, this does vary greatly n the level of damage that has occurred. Still, generally speaking we usually want them settled within 12 weeks. So, if Senor isn't showing positive progress and still limping; then you may want to have his vet reassess him. If they have just xrayed, they may not be able to appreciate the severity of the tear and we may really need to consider surgery (or at least a brace if there is a reason he isn't a surgical candidate) to get this sorted for him so he can get back to being the active dog he wants to be.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, I will go ahead and get him in to see his vet to see what else we can do for him.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

I think that is the ideal plan of action for Senor and hopefully we can get this sorted so he can get back to running as he should be.

All the best,

Dr. B.

**Please remember to rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )