Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My dog is a standard poodle with p pain and I was wondering

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Kyle, and my dog is a standard poodle with hip pain and I was wondering if Tramadol was a safe treatment. Thanks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the standard poodle's name and age?
Customer: Festus, he's 11 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Festus?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry you had to wait a while for your answer, it appears there were not many experts available when you first asked the question. Lets make your dog more comfortable.

You can indeed give your dog tramadol to help with pain. It works well for some dogs and not well for other dogs just like with people.

How much does your dog weigh? I can help you come up with a dose using this information.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How is your dog doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!