Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a puppy and he is quite sad and lethargy, he soft not

Customer Question

Hi I have a puppy and he is quite sad and lethargy, he poops soft not normal, and her nose is dry and warm. thanks!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the puppy. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Well, he is like sleepy not to much play as usual. and it seems she is complaining, her name is Fossie.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fossie?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, sorry to hear Fossie is not feeling well. How old is Fossie? How is his/her appetite? Do you have a thermometer you could use to see if he/she has a fever?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes to which question? You have a thermometer? How is his her appetite? Hold old is Fossie?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Im sorry, Yes, I have a thermometer, she ate in the morning, normal, she drinks normal, she is 5 months old. She is just calm down, not normal in her, she is an Old English shepherd.

Thank you, ***** ***** her temperature. Put a little Ky jelly or vaseline on the tip of the thermometer and insert it about an inch into the rectum or it beeps. A normal temperature for a dog is 100-102.5 F

Has she had any new food or treats? Any chance she got into something?