Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Dog keeps like squeling and turning in circles

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. I'm envisioning a dog vocalizing and turning in circles in an attempt to reach whatever is paining him - perhaps in his rear area. I need you to describe as accurately as you can what you saw and whether or not this behavior has continued.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It seemed like he gets like a sharp pain in his rear and yelps and like just turns in like a circle it only last a few seconds then he is fine for awhile but he keeps doing it. He's eating and drinking and relieving his self too.

Got it, thanks! This is a patient in which I would carefully examine his anal glands for impaction/infection, his saddle area (the area between the edge of his rib cage and tail) for evidence of fleas/flea saliva allergy, and (by X-rays) his caudal (toward the tail) spinal column and hips for painful osteoarthritic changes. Please continue our conversation if you wish.