Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My 13 year old female who hasn't been in esteres in 8 years

Customer Question

My 13 year old female who hasn't been in esteres in 8 years .. Just got stuck by my male 3 year old and is now bleeding from her vagina
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yeah.. She hasn't bled in 8 years.. Tonight they got stuck together, and she is now bleeding She had a small clot about as big around and long as ur pinky CO.e out of her vagina
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: And co tinues to bleed.. Appox 15-20 cc in the past hour
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I just came online and saw your question - I'm sorry that there was a delay.

Did the tie happen today and this bleeding is happening immediately after the tie? In that case I'd suspect that it's just related to trauma of the incident. If they had tied previously also some time ago (days or weeks) then I'd be concerned that she's having a failed/nonviable pregnancy. Since the tie was just today and this is likely trauma, I'd expect it to ease up and stop any time now. It'd be a good idea to have her looked at by your vet to be sure that there's no evidence of a vaginal mass, though, as it's not normal to bleed as much as you're describing from a normal tie. There could be a mass in there that was irritated by the whole process.

I consider bleeding "active" if there's a continuous dripping - even if it's slow. With the amount that you've described it's unlikely that she's anemic now, but if it continues throughout the night, she could be in some trouble by the morning, so I'd keep a close eye on her and consider taking her to an emergency clinic if it hasn't stopped. Watch her for the pink color of her gums lightening up and turning pale or a high heart rate (greater than 120 at rest). Please let me know what she's up to now and what questions I can answer for you.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Doc Sara