Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My dog had surgery stones. Now that she is better she will

Customer Question

My dog had surgery for bladder stones. Now that she is better she will not eat the vets food for her condition. How can i change her mind?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear your dog has had surgery for stones, it can be quite frustrating.

You have many options. There are many different prescription diets for urinary stones including Royal Canin Urinary SO, Purina UR, and Hills c/d. If your dog really does not like one of the diets, I recommend trying another one of these prescription diets. It is important to not offer any other food to your dog or they often will avoid eating their normal foods due to this. If your dog will not eat anything over the next 24 hours, i recommend giving one of the other diets to try to entice her.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to check in. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time.

I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How is your pet doing?

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!