Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

12 year old dog. ate used dryer sheets all of the sudden.

Customer Question

12 year old dog. ate used dryer sheets all of the sudden. then ate a lot of grass and threw 2 of them up. has never done anything like this before.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is***** i am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this. This is unfortunately very common.

The dryer sheets can cause irritation of the stomach and intestines, leading to vomiting and sometimes diarrhea.

It would be best to avoid feeding him tonight to prevent any unnecessary vomiting.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

If your dog vomits over and over tonight, a trip to the vet is recommended to help stop the vomiting and look for a potential blockage or obstruction of the GI tract.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Most of the time they will do just fine after vomiting them up, but expect some diarrhea down the road that should resolve within a few days. Please let me know if I can help you any further. I will await your response.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time.

I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time. I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!