Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has red spots on her skin after a bath, Small

Customer Question

My dog has red spots on her skin after a bath
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Small Yorkshire terrier just bathed in malaket medicated bath and has deep red spots a few small a few 1cm in diameter and one 1inch in diameter
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Just to confirm the red spots appeared after the bath? If this is the case then my primary concern would be that she is having a reaction to the shampoo and if you have an oatmeal-based shampoo or even ivory/ dawn soap then please use this over her with ten minute contact time before rinsing

In addition, please administer benadryl at 1 mg/ pound every 8 hours tonight to help with the reaction. It may cause mild sedation but should help with the redness and provide relief

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Good morning, I wanted to check in on your Yorkie to see if the recommendations I gave aided in reducing the red spots on her skin? Is she comfortable? I would love an update when you are able!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!