Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Our 6 month old puppy at about 20 adult gummy vitamins last

Customer Question

our 6 month old puppy at about 20 adult gummy vitamins last weekend. She seems fine but I am wondering if I should be looking for developing issues..
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: she seems fine. maybe more hyper than usual. wondering what long term issues there may be
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: she does not seem to hurt
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Abby. no, no obvious pain at all
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Abby?
Customer: she is only 6 months old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Good news, if she ate these last weekend then we'd not be worried here. Signs we may have seen from this (usually GI upset, vomiting, appetite loss, or diarrhea) would have appeared within a few hours after she ate these. And as long as she doesn't do this frequently, then most of our vitamins and minerals should be safe in a one-off dose. The only one I would watch for was if she got a large dose of Vitamin D. Most of the time this just causes GI upset, but on rare occasions with very high doses it can affect clotting of the blood. That said, we'd expect her to have pale gums, lethargy, weakness, increased breathing rate, and collapse. So, as long as we aren't seeing those for Abby, we'd not be worried about this ingestion but just plan to keep these well out of reach in the future.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )