Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

I think my dog ate my blood pressure bill, I was wondering

Customer Question

I think my dog ate my blood pressure bill
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was wondering what effect this will have on him and what can I do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear your dog ate this medication. I will need a bit more information to help you today.

Can you tell me what medication your dog ate and how many mg (milligrams) it was?

How much does your dog weigh and how long ago did your dog eat the medication?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
atenolol 50mg He weighs around 100 lbs. taken 30 minutes ago
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I see. This dose is above the recommended dose for a dog this weight, so he did get a little of an overdose. This can cause a decrease in heart output, which could lead to lethargy and potentially collapse. I would consider making him vomit to be on the safe side. Do you have any hydrogen peroxide at home?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

You can induce vomiting via hydrogen peroxide orally at home, or via your vet and an injection. To do this at home, you can give 10 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide orally. If there is no vomiting after 10 minutes, you can give another dose, but not more than 2 total doses. Vomiting should bet rid of any drug left in the GI tract.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if I can help you any further. I wish you both the best.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to check in and see how things went. How is your dog doing? Do you need any further information?

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!