Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Last night went to the vet with my dog. 8 year old OES she

Customer Question

Hi, last night went to the vet with my dog. 8 year old OES she got up yesterday morning feeling fine but afterwards started to deteriorate not eating nor drinking and sleeping all day. Looked uncomfortable walking around. Decided to bring her to the vet at night seeing that she was not getting better. Dr. Press on her spine and she will doing the overall check up and she suddenly wined. They ran blood test and found that her APL was at 287 and GGT a bit above normal. They gave us medication for pain and told us to let her rest for a few days and see if she was getting better. We plan on doing and ultrasound of liver next week. When I touched her a few times today she cried and wine when I barely touch the side of her stomach. Very concern and not sure if she was not diagnose properly.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Pebble's situation. I need to ask a few questions. What medications did they send her home on? How did she do today? Has she been eating and drinking? Has she had any vomiting? Has she been urinating and defecating normally?