Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

70 lb Alaskan malmamute ate 3 months of Iverheart plus, It

Customer Question

70 lb Alaskan malmamute ate 3 months of Iverheart plus
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was over 2 hours ago. No vomiting or lethargy The dose is 272 mcg ivermectin And 227 pyrantel pamoate
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call.

I am working on your answer, please give me a few minutes to type and calculate toxic dose potential.

Friend, this will not be toxic for your dog. You see, with ivermectin single acute doses below 1,000mcg/kg we don't see any symptoms. In this case your dog took a dose of 25mcg/kg. As far a the pyrantel, this is also a very safe medication, it will not be toxic. Your dog will be fine, no symptoms expected.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!