Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I need help with my ten year old poodle. she is about ten

Customer Question

I need help with my ten year old poodle. she is about ten pounds. she is having seizures.(she has this terrbile cough,like trying to cough up something) Its starts then she falls over and having a hard time getting her breath. She is having a hard time getting breathing her mouth is open trying. I take her outside where it is cool, then in about 15 minutes she is better.Her stomach is moving in and out hard. She is weak after this happens.She is on prescripion low diet food. She is taking heart medicine its been about 6 months.I have had her two different vets.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple of questions, though, to better assess your situation.

When she falls over, is she having any tremors or convulsing? Urinating or defecating? Loss of consciousness?

What exactly are the heart medications for?