Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My name is ***** ***** and i think my 11 year old maltese

Customer Question

hi, my name is ***** ***** and i think my 11 year old maltese has an ear infection
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she yelps when i go near her head, and upon inspection it looks like her ear canal is red, inflamed, and stinks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, what you are describing is consistent with an ear infection as you have suspected. Your dog is going to need topical medications from your family veterinarian. In the meantime you can mix in a cup 1/3 white vinegar and 3/4 of warm water; use this solution to clean the ear with cotton 2 times a day.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!