Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Springer-Spaniel mix female is about 12-13 years old. She

Customer Question

My Springer-Spaniel mix female is about 12-13 years old. She has always been very active. About 2 months ago I noticed that her hind legs are dropping out from under her and she trips easily. A couple times while sleeping, she just pees and then jumps up and then pees more uncontrollably. Should i take her to a vet right away or is it okay to wait until the morning?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

The history you have provided sounds to be a chronic issue, is there something new tonight that has you worried about this being an emergency?

Was the urination situation a new issue for her?

How is she otherwise?