Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Lily ate 10/12 grapes, she's a mini schnauzer 22 pounds,

Customer Question

Lily ate 10/12 grapes, she's a mini schnauzer 22 pounds, 13 yrs old, good health
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am so sorry for the delay in response it appears no experts were available when you posted your question.

In response to your question, grapes toxicity in dogs is very dependent on the amount consumed and the weight of the dog. The lowest toxic dose reported for grapes in dogs is 0.7 oz/kg, this means that Lily would need to eat at least 7 oz to be concern about toxicity. 10-12 grapes would weigh around 2 oz, this will not be sufficient to cause renal failure, she will be fine.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 12 months ago.
Hi Gay,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Lily. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter