Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

I think my friends dog ate some meth I thimk, The dog is

Customer Question

I think my friends dog ate some meth I thimk
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The dog is real nervous acting and skiddish
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your issue. If you think the dog could have ingested meth, it definitely recommended that he be taken to an emergency vet. This can be life threatening in some dogs. I am attaching a link to an article on this problem for you to review for more information: http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/poisoning-toxicity/c_dg_amphetamine_poisoning_in_dogs

Signs can include hyperactivity, nervousness/restlessness, panting, muscle tremors, seizures, increased heart rate, dilated pupils, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, and in some cases death.

Do not hesitate to take the dog in because you are afraid the vet will report you or your friend. Vets do not care about that, we just want to be sure your pet is safe!