Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your issue. If you think the dog could have ingested meth, it definitely recommended that he be taken to an emergency vet. This can be life threatening in some dogs. I am attaching a link to an article on this problem for you to review for more information: http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/poisoning-toxicity/c_dg_amphetamine_poisoning_in_dogs
Signs can include hyperactivity, nervousness/restlessness, panting, muscle tremors, seizures, increased heart rate, dilated pupils, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, and in some cases death.
Do not hesitate to take the dog in because you are afraid the vet will report you or your friend. Vets do not care about that, we just want to be sure your pet is safe!