Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I need an ophtalmic antibiotic prescription dog eyes. I gave

Customer Question

i need an ophtalmic antibiotic prescription for my dog eyes. I gave a bath to my dog and use a new sponge with soap to wash my dog body and face and he has a reaction and both eyes are swollen, sticks and one of the eye has pus. Can you prescribe and antibiotic so i can buy the medicine for his eyes?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your dog's eyes and that you are so worried.. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian.

This website is for information only, as it says in the disclaimer. It is illegal for a veterinarian to write a prescription, or prescribe prescription medication without establishing a "client patient" relationship, which usually means seeing and examining the pet. The veterinarians on this site cannot write a prescription for a dog we have not seen and cannot examine.

I would be happy to answer questions, and help you by providing information about eye conditions, alternatives to prescription medication, etc. If you would like my help, I would be happy to help. If you are just looking for someone to write you a prescription, I can't do that. That would be risking my veterinary license and livelihood.