Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have been controlling tear staining in my Havanese with

Customer Question

I have been controlling tear staining in my Havanese with Angels Eyes for 12 yrs. About 2wks. ago the staining became a huge presence. There has been no dietary changes nor has there been any behavioral changes. Thoughts?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.....this is as you know is a huge problem in some dogs. The problem is due to a small tear holding area in some breeds like the Havanese......this is an aesthetic problem and not a real health problem. You can talk to your vet about doing a course of Tetracycline as this has been shown to help in many dogs and perhaps with this and your continued use of Angel Eyes you can get Maddie back on the right track...and of course there is always surgery but I think that is a drastic move for an aesthetic issue. Try the tetracycline and see if that helps her.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Maddie. How is everything going?
Dr B