Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

Dog vomited profusely last Thursday early morn 4 hrs...has

Customer Question

Dog vomited profusely last Thursday early morn for about 4 hrs...has not eaten since...thought his bowel was blocked torn, and knew by blood work had bacterial sepsis in body cavity..did surgery last night found no blockage or any type tear in bowel. But pancrease showing signs of infection...and full of sepsis..Dr washed him out..and been treating with antibiotics...any thoughts, not in big city or big clinic, dog need eat to balance or increase protien in blood or will continue to crash. Does drink, is electrolytes answer, glucose iv... or any other solution
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Any vomiting? Did your vet run a pancreatitis snap test? What happened before the vomiting last thursday... did you feed any fatty table scraps such as bacon, ham, sausage, meat trimmings, pot roast, etc?

Are you still wanting an answer to your question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry...all ready got told 10000 to save a week ago tonight...when traveled to larger city for ultrasound..and should put him down, body cavity full of infection..thought he had a tear in bowel.by ultrasound..had vet in town do surgery....he is alive and well...no bowel tear...vet said no sign of infection of pancrease or bowel tear everything in bowel real raw...pancreas enzymes in line....may never know...

So he is doing well??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
lucky to be alive...had a couple of bad days...but he is alive well and home...acting like he did a couple weeks back...

That is wonderful news! Do you have any questions for me, or are you all set?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yep all set ...sometime the will to live, Is more powerful then modern science...in both humans and animals

Wonderful! Good luck, and feel free to contact us here if your dog has issues in the future. Take care!