Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

11 year old dog ingested up to a tablespoon of refrigerant

Customer Question

11 year old dog ingested up to a tablespoon of refrigerant gel within the last 5 hours, no symptoms yet.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. In general, these items are not considered toxic. If you haven't noticed any problems by now, you most likely won't. I would just monitor Layla for any vomiting, bloody stool, lack of appetite, lethargy or abdominal pain. If you notice any of these issues, I would have her seen by your vet. Otherwise, I would just keep an eye on her. She will most likely be fine. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet

Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Layla. How is everything going?
Dr. John