Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

I have a male English Setter,5 years old, normaly he is a gh

Customer Question

I have a male English Setter,5 years old, normaly he is a high tailer, beautiful, strong healthy dog. His tail droops now between his rear legs and has pain when touched. No anal compaction, possible swimmers tail, maybe from running hard through the snow everyday. Vet has him on Tramadol Hydrochloride 50m every 12 hrs, and Rimadyl 75 mg every 24 hrs. Ive been told this might take up to 5 days to start to get better, should i worry about lasting effects, such as a droopy tail when hunting or on Point. i'm keeping him calm and rested, any other ideas.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just want this to be a one time, one dog question. and im willing to pay a one time fee for a month, for 28 dollars, but I dont want to be billed month after month. is this possible?
Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog! It does sound as if he could be suffering from limber tail aka cold tail aka swimmers tail. Most of these dogs will recover in a few day to a few weeks. There is some evidence that starting an anti-inflammatory (that is what Rimadyl is) will make recovery faster. Some of these dogs (less than half) will have a recurrence of this issue in the future. If improvement is not being seen, or you feel he is worsening, then an x-ray would be indicated to ensure there isn't a fracture present and to check for signs of spinal cord disease.

I believe it is possible to be just billed for one question, not a regular subscription. I can send a note to the moderator to ensure you are not charged each month if that is your desire! I don't control the billing, just answer the questions!

Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.

I did send a message to the admin that you didn't want a continuous monthly subscription FYI.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Expert:  Jess K replied 9 months ago.
Hi Don,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bodie. How is everything going?
Jessica Keay