Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have a 14 weeks old pup. He is not taking food as I am

Customer Question

I have a 14 weeks old pup. He is not taking food as I am expecting. 2-1/2 is all he can consume for all day. I am thinking of giving him esbillac on his dry food? would that be good?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my puppy don't eat as much I expected. he can only consume 2-1/2 cups of dry food a day. Can I give him Esbillac milk mixed into his food
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

First, the significance of the volume of food your pup eats will depend on the calorie/fat/protein content of what you are feeding. If it is quite nutrient dense, then 2.5c may be enough for him. But if you find this total volume is less then what is recommended by the label, then you can try adding Esbillac to make the food more appealing to him. You could also try lactose free milk, low salt chicken broth, or even try canned food or an alternative dry kibble to see if he likes that better. It will just be a case of working out what he likes and what he will reliably eat. So, you can use Esbillac here without worry but otherwise you can also use these alternatives to improve his eating habits.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

**Please do make sure to rate my answer, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (there is no extra charge to do so). If you have any lingering questions, please just let me know. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)