Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Came home from work and found my lab with a bloody neck

Customer Question

Came home from work and found my lab with a bloody neck seems to be due to severe scratching today and there is hair loss. breathing heavy and wants to lick lick lick and scratch at it. there was nothing wrong this am and she ate fine and is drinking. if I keep it wrapped a bit tight it seems to help but once the air hits it she's a mess . it oozes oozes oozes constantly. will be taking he in the am to vet but I can't sleep woorying about this. Can you tell me anything at all ???
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HELLO !!!!!!!!! Still waiting. Ad said my questions would be answered QUICKLY !!!! PLEASE.......I am so worried !!!! I have paid the 28.00 so can someone please tell me something ..........PLEASE !!!!!!!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Are you seeing any pus or smelling any odor with this?

How deep are the scratches?

Is she on any treatments just now? Or have any know health issues?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
never mind !!!! won't be using this sight again, ad said someone would get back to me and that there were 6 vets available . Left my phone number also and no one called or answered my pleas. took her in this morning at 7:30 she was given 6 injections, they washed & wrapped the wound area, sent me home with 5 bottles of asst. meds. She was running a high fever also.