Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My last has a sore in her mouth that is making her very

Customer Question

My last has a sore in her mouth that is making her very uncomfortable. What can I do.for.her tillor nine and I can get the vet
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Where is the sore in her mouth?

Is it open and bleeding?

Has she been able to settle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's on her gums and it's like an ulcer. No its not bleeding g and she settled for awhile but is up going nuts again
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you,

Now if we have an oral ulcer on her gums at her age, we do need to tread with care. We can see these related to gum based trauma and dental disease but we can also see these appear secondary to internal health issues like kidney disease or be associated with ulcerative cancers.

In regards ***** ***** to keep her comfortable for the short term, you can apply a small dose of baby oragel to the ulcer if she will allow. Alternatively, as long as she is on no other medication nor has any health issues; you could try a low dose of buffered Aspirin (More Info/Dose HERE). If you use this, make sure to give it after food and stop if she has any signs of GI upset or black stools.

Finally, I am glad that you do plan to have this checked once her vet is open. They can dispense strong dog safe pain relief +/- antibiotics but also make sure none of those more serious issues are present for your lass.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

**Please do make sure to rate my answer, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (this is at no extra cost to what you have paid already). IF you have any lingering questions, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)