Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has been taking 1/2 tsp tylan powder, twice daily,.

Customer Question

My dog has been taking 1/2 tsp tylan powder, twice daily, for inflammation. He is diabetic. He recently began to refuse the tylan regardless of how well we mask it. Vet recommended compounded tylan which we can use more readily.
When I got the compounded drug, it came in 300 mg capsules with directions to give 6 capsules, AM and PM. First, that is 3600 mg of tylan daily which seems extreme. Is this a correct equivalent dosage to replace 1/2 tsp? I do realize that we are comparing weight to volume measurements.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have 1 question to see if I can better assess your situation.

How much does Buster weigh?