Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 5 pound puppy just consumed 3 pills of nutri-vet. How

Customer Question

My 5 pound puppy just consumed 3 pills of nutri-vet. How will this affect her
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the puppy?
Customer: she is acting fine but consumed 3 pills of nutri-vet which helps to stop her from eating poop. The recommended amount is 1 pill per 20 pounds
JA: What is the puppy's name?
Customer: belle
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Belle?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Can you please confirm that this is the nutrivet nasty habit chewables?

Luckily there is nothing toxic in this chewable and the worst case scenario is it will cause gi upset for 12-24 hours and she should be just fine but taking a few precautions tonight:

- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg per pound every 12 hours for 3 days (10 mg 1/8 tablet)
- Leash walks to help the chewables to pass more readily of >15 minutes (even if around the backyard)
- Bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken in small more frequent meals but waiting at least 12 hours after vomiting has subsided if he shows this symptom

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know who else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I hope your puppy is doing alright and would love an update. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman