Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Took my five year old Anatolian female to vet a week ago she

Customer Question

Took my five year old Anatolian female to vet a week ago she was vomiting they gave her a shot and pills yesterday she started vomiting again
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with your Anatolian. Vomiting is an important symptom but it's not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. Primary gastrointestinal disorders and disorders outside the gastrointestinal tract which affect the GI tract need to be considered. Because she has recrudesced (relapsed without cure in between events), I would have to be more aggressive in attempting to determine the etiology of her vomiting. That's done by diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests as well as imaging in the form of abdominal X-rays or ultrasound.

Were there any changes in her diet or history of a dietary indiscretion - eating something new, inappropriate, spoiled, or perhaps a non-food item prior to her initial vomiting?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just fine

I'm pleased to hear this. Thank you for taking the time to let me know.