Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our dog has been acting a little strange to me, firstly fir

Customer Question

Hi there, our dog has been acting a little strange to me, firstly fir a while now he's been ripping and licking his nails off and they have grown back really weird looking, also all he does is sleep and lately I've noticed he's sleeping a lot more then usual as well he not eating properly especially his favourite foods. Some times he will eat it then other times he will sniff it then not touch it. Also lately when I say let's go walkies. He will lift his head, eyes wide with ears up, but then wE have to get him to. Go out the front door and once he's out the front. He seems a bit happier. But tonight we got two houses up and he normally will walk next to me but stopped and wanted to come home, I then noticed that it seemed like he didn't have the energy or something like that abd was walking back with his snout all mos scraping on the floor. He then walked in the house and went and slumped onto the floor and he went back to sleep within a minute? Pls help me I'm not sure how or what to think ūüėď
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 9 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I understand Bundi is not feeling too well lately and has had some very abnormal behavior. I do have a couple more questions for you to help me give you some recommendations of what could possibly be going on with him. His symptoms are suggestive of a few things.

When was the last time he went in to see a vet for bloodwork?

Also how long has he been having this unusual behavior?

I see that you have viewed my responses but somehow unable to respond. Here is a link to customer service if you need assistance with the site. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Otherwise I suggest closing the browser and coming back to the site to see if it will let you respond. -Dr. H