Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My name is ***** *****. wondering if i can use etederm

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****. wondering if i can use etederm ointment on my dog's penis, he is licking it constantly since he was groomed on Tuesday and made it red and raw, also wondering if it will make him sick if he licks it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just that he keeps licking his penis and now it is red and raw. I have this entoderm ointment from another skin infection and wondered if I could use it to help him and if it is toxic if he ingests it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** question, you can apply this to his penis if it is raw or irritated. Though we would need to place an e-collar or reversed boxer shorts on him to prevent his licking it off. If he does, it obviously won't help reduce the irritation and since there is a steroid (what will help reduce the inflammation/discomfort) ingesting that could cause him to drink more, urinate more, and could cause stomach upset. So, its not toxic and we can use it; but need to ensure he cannot lick it off.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet