Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 8 year old beagle seems fine at this time, recently

Customer Question

My 8 year old beagle seems fine at this time, recently gained a few pounds so we have to put him on a diet again. My concern is that we recently noticed a swelling on his back below neck. I always thought it was an upper back muscle. Cause we noticed it a couple of months ago. It is still the same size. We intend on taking him to the vet this week.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Is it hard, soft, fluidy or firm?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.