Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog can't breathe through s nose and is making snorkeling

Customer Question

My dog can't breathe through his nose and is making snorkeling sounds his nose is dried and is nasal holes are covered
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He also has diarrhea and blood in his stool
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

You noted the holes are covered, is this with discharge? What color?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?