Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dogs behavior seems fine, then ever since he started

Customer Question

My dogs behavior seems fine, then ever since he started eating this new dry food it has seemed to change. It's like he will be fine for a few ours and then he gets these spells where he just stands and stares with his head down. It may happen 2-3 times a day. The dry food product I have him on is (Purina One- Smart Blend). My other 2 dogs do not have this problem. The breed is a schnauzer. I have checked his temp, it is normal, his stool is normal, and he is urinating fine. There is no vomiting and his appetite is normal.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is Dr. Gabby. That does sound strange. I have a few additional questions for you.

How long does a spell last? When he is having a spell can you touch him or call his name and get him out of the spell?

Can you check him for neck pain? Hold his head in your hands and make him look all the way up, down, left, and right. Any resistance?