Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Sorry...is there a free web site that I can get this simple

Customer Question

sorry...is there a free web site that I can get this simple question answered...have already consulted vet locally and my employment has been cut..already spent $700 on care credit..just wanted basic info that if she is put on Lasix normally that she shouldn't have potassium supplement. my husband passed away in 2007 and had congestive heart failure..he always needed a potassium supplement. pretty much looking foa yes or no....unfortunately can't pay for info..GOD bless :)
JA: The Veterinarian's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: not at all... just wanted a simple question answered that if a dog is on Lasix do they need a supplement..sorry to bother you..but it does give me something to blog about...
JA: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bindi and age 9
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bindi?
Customer: Well they wanted me to take her to specialist in Florida for MRIs and then if possible oncology...I can't afford anything like that...She has been on Zeniquin twice since f
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I can help you with your question.

Expert:  brisadog replied 9 months ago.

Although it's true that humans routinely require potassium supplementation with Lasix, that is not the case with dogs. Dogs don't tend to deplete potassium as severely and will keep up if they are eating. Some dogswill become hypokalemic on furosemide and need supplementation -- but it is rare if they are eating. I would simply make sure that your vet follows up on blood testing in about 1-2 weeks. If they started Lasix, I imagine she is also on enalapril?