Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a pug/boston terrier mix. She has been throwing up

Customer Question

I have a pug/boston terrier mix. She has been throwing up late at night or early morning while I'm sleeping. She eats at night, around 6-7 pm. It's only a tiny bit of vomit. We just moved Sunday so could that be the cause?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple questions to see if I can better assess your situation.

How long has this been going on for?

Is her appetite usually normal?

Any diarrhea?

What does her diet consist of, including treats and human food?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 days now. No treats and no diarrhea. She eats lamb and rice dog food and still has an appetite.
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information. It is possible that it could be due to the stress of the move. Make sure she hasn't anything else or anything new, including treats and human food. I may try to avoid feeding dinner one night and feed breakfast instead to see if that helps. It may also help to give her a Pepcid (2.5mg per 5-10 lbs of body weight) before bedtime as well. If the symptoms continue, though, I would have a vet check her out and potentially run some bloodwork to make sure nothing more serious is going on. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lacie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bella. How is everything going?
Dr. John