How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 24447
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 3 month old Yorkie puppy ate about half of the leaf of

Customer Question

Our 3 month old Yorkie puppy ate about half of the leaf of the Hoya plant....a vining plant with thick leaves. Is it poisonous or toxic...i know it is not for humans. thank you *****
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

Ruth, that's a nontoxic plant to dogs. Please see here: https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/sweetheart-hoya

He might experience transient gastrointestinal distress - inapeptence, vomiting, and/or diarrhea - from ingesting such an unusual food but he won't be intoxicated.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.