Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

She did not have an infection. She had some redness and a

Customer Question

She did not have an infection. She had some redness and a small amount of blood on the outside. I treated it. It cleared up,but came back. No bld., but redness. We went to vet. They gave her antibiotic inj. We are talking about her meatus. She has been spayed. We got her from people who did not want her when she was too small to reproduce. I have had her 7 years. She is 9. I want to know what a normal meatus looks like. She is expensive to take of and since my husband died in June, I do not have the money I use to. My vets have gone up on all their charges. Pat Stogner
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I do not understand what you want.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I need you clarify what "meatus" implies. A meatus is simply a passage or opening leading to the interior of the body. I suspect that you're referring to her vulva and a perivulvar dermatitis. Please confirm. Can you upload a photo(s) to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/