Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a Boston Terrier and he goes in and out of the house.

Customer Question

I have a Boston Terrier and he goes in and out of the house. This morning he was fine. Now above his eyes and both sides of his jaws are really swollen. They Sam to have gone down some in the last 15 minutes. He doesn't act sick and I found some grass thrown up in my kitchen. I have other dogs though, so I don't know if he is the one that threw up. What do you think?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Lucky's situation. If his face is looking fuller - swelling of the area around the eyes and the muzzle - then an allergic reaction may be at hand. This can happen from something biting / stinging him. It can also happen due to being vaccinated, but that isn't a concern if he wasn't vaccinated here in the last 24 hours. I would be suspicious that the vomit was from him. Some can have nausea along with the other signs of an allergic reaction. The best thing to do is to get him to your vet so they can check him over. They can then give him a couple injections to stop this reaction.