Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a small doxie and she seems to be breathing hard and

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a small doxie and she seems to be breathing hard and has the shakes. Think she ate too much fat off a beef bone.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the beef will be able to digest that. What is the beef's name and age?
Customer: beef bone was hard. She doesn't want to eat tonight, so figured it was too much fat
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the beef?
Customer: no.... had a lot of scrizzle
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 9 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short.

I understand you have a Dachshund that is having respiratory distress symptoms and shaking. I do have a few questions to help me evaluate your pets situation a little better so that I can give you the best advice.

How long has she been breathing hard? What is her respiratory rate (count each breath for 15 seconds and then multiply that # ***** 4)?