Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

My dog is occasionally having nosebleeds. We went to the vet

Customer Question

My dog is occasionally having nosebleeds. We went to the vet and her labs and xrays are fine. Could it be due to the fact that it stays warm in our house and it could be drying her sinuses? Would putting a humidifier near her help?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 9 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Gabby. As long as she is not sneezing and there is no nasal drainage then it could be from the dry air. There have been nosebleed in my house the past few days as well with a cold front and the heat cranked up. I would definitely try a humidifier. In addition you can try human nasal saline drops. A couple of drops in each nostril twice a day. When you take a shower bring her into the bathroom and let her breathe the steam in. How does that sound? Do you have any additional questions?