Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

You helped me with Paige. Dog not eating. She has kidney failure

Customer Question

You helped me with Paige. Dog not eating. She has kidney failure due to lyme disease. They have asked me to put her down if her numbers go down or up in respect to their threshold values. She has improved in one area and steadied at the other. Just thought I would tell you what it is/was.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. Can you upload a copy of Paige's latest test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but her vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry in taking so long to get back but our power was knocked out. Bad snow then ice storm. I have not been able to see her since Saturday. They have been closed and I snowed in.

They said they will send her home today 2/18. She is still not eating but her numbers are better. They say that after coming she begins to decline again, then euthanasia is "highly" recommended.

Paige is my friend. I would find it hard to take her back only to be relieved of life. Would she suffer terribly if I kept her home I wonder.

I will get you a copy tomorrow after I pick her up. Thank you again.

I'll watch for your next post. You're welcome.