Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Greetings. 14 Feb., 08:32 MST We have a female Miniature

Customer Question

Greetings. 14 Feb., 08:32 MST
We have a female Miniature Pinscher, eight years old. She is mainly a house dog with no contact with other animals. She has been in good health and very vigorous until the last week. She has become listless and rarely eats, so she is losing weight.
She will drink some water, but rarely, mostly spending all the time sleeping and won't get up and move around.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.With what you are describing your pet either has an infectious condition or an inflammatory condition. Infectious could include anything transmitted by fleas or ticks or anything she may pick up even off the ground that she is not vaccinated for. Inflammatory conditions include diseases like cancer.

You need to take her in to your vet and have the following testing done: CBC, chem panel, electrolytes, 4DX test and urinalysis. Also should get your vet to do chest and abdominal xrays.

I hope this helps you but please let me know if you need additional help as I check my computer every night and will get back to you. Sincerely,DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!!

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

HI I am checking back in with you to see if you had additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Smidgen. How is everything going?
Dr B