Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is almost two. Sharpe an pitt. He has been lethargic

Customer Question

My dog is almost two. Sharpe an pitt bull. He has been lethargic for two days, now he's vomiting water when he drinks it and he won't eat. Not even boiled chicken or steak.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: I live in the AZ desert and sometimes the dogs catch and eat rabbits or ground squirrels.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: ok
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 9 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Gabby. I need to ask a few additional questions please.

Can you check his gums? What color are they? Dry or moist?

If you press into his abdomen is he tense or painful? Make sure to press deeply and all over