Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 14 year old healthy is walking with a tilted head and

Customer Question

hello my 14 year old healthy is walking with a tilted head and stumbling. she has a thyroid condition, so just 2 days ago I took her to the vet to get blood drawn. they monitor this for the dosage of meds. she had an exam, and besides being a bit arthritic, she was deemed in good health. however yesterday and today she is walking with a tilted head and stumbling. I looked inside her ears and the canal seems to be swollen shut. she is a very large dog, a husky mix weighing about 85 lbs. is there anything I can put in her ears to maybe relieve this?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting?

2- Can you get her to stand and try to get her head straight then look at her eyes and see if they are going side to side or up and down?