Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Hair loss with raised red spots over body inflammation

Customer Question

Hair loss with raised red spots over body inflammation inside ears bulldog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 9 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I am so sorry Macy is experiencing this. I need a bit more information to understand what is going on and what you have already done for her.

1)How long has she had this issue?

2)Has she been examined by her veterinarian for this and, if so, what treatments were prescribed? What testing was done (skin scrapings for yeast/mites/bacteria, DTM cultures, biopsy, testing, etc)?

3) Is only the inside over her ears and over the top of her body involved?

4) Is she on monthly flea control year round?

5) What current medications other that E45derm cream are you using (antibiotics, antifungals, topical creams, steroids, antihistamines, allergy medications, etc)?

Thank you for answering a few questions. Bulldogs and skin disease is life long and very complicated. Therefore, I need to understand where you are in the process of working through this and getting treatment.