Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a miniature poodle that is 17 years old. She was

Customer Question

I have a miniature poodle that is 17 years old. She was adopted from a pound several years ago. Lately she had had a black crusty skin condition on her forehead and some other parts of her body. Shampooing her with medicated dog shampoo has not helped. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

Can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing.