Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 7 year old pekinese dog has a pale pink lump about the

Customer Question

my 7 year old pekinese dog has a pale pink lump about the size of a kernal of pop corn in the inside of her right eye. It doesn't seem to bother her but what can I do to get rid of it before turn into something .......What can I use to treat it? Thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 9 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

If this is located in the corner of her eye, then it is probably a "cherry eye" or prolapsed nictitating membrane as is common for this breed. Are you sure it is not this (here are some pictures:http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/projects/ophthalmology/red_eye_cherryeye.htm)

If it is not this, is it a mass/tumor? If so, then there are no over-the-counter options to remove these. These are usually benign but the ones that grow rapidly are concerning. Rarely we do see styes in dogs but this is quite uncommon.

A picture might be quite useful. You can attach using the paperclip icon. Thanks.