Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I brought my dog to the vets after it had thrown up water,

Customer Question

I brought my dog to the vets after it had thrown up water, it hasn't eaten in a couple of days, I was told my dog had to go over to a referral office, I was told the dogs a diabetic now and that it needs insulin shots twice a day she has inflamed pendicitis, and supposedly all high sugar count could this be a flu stomach virus in the medication she's given
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Did the vets tell you that the vomiting was due to the diabetes? Did they mentioned why they recommended a referral office?