Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog Boston and Shih Tzu mix, about 18lbs, last June 2015

Customer Question

My dog Boston bull and Shih Tzu mix, about 18lbs, last June 2015 had skin tumor removed from her right paw the vet said it was cancer but would not spread but it might come back.
It has come back not as big right now as before. He did not want to remove the digit because he said she would have harder time walking. My concern is she is 13 yrs old and I don't want to have to put her to sleep every year to have this removed should it come back again. I am really concerned about what to do. JJ
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? What type of cancer did Sweetie have?