Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How long has it been since she ate the cookie?
2- Do you know the type of chocolate (milk, dark, etc.)?
3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.
Friend, it is not likely for 8 chocolate chips to be toxic to a 9 lbs dog. I would observe her for the next 24 hours. If she becomes hyperactive, muscle tremors, changes in respiration, etc. have her checked immediately by ER veterinarian, these are symptoms that could progress to life threatening seizures or cardiac arrhythmias. If no symptoms after 24 hours (especially the first 12 hours) she will be fine.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!